As promised, here is the recipe for yesterday’s frittata.
1) Three large eggs, scrambled with skim milk.
2) A handful of broccoli, sliced turkey breast, and 1/4 cup of sliced onions, sauteed in veggie oil, until softened…not soggy!
*use any veggies you’d like-spinach, zucchini, whatever suits your fancy!
3) Add eggs, season, and top with shredded cheese. I used sharp cheddar; but goat cheese or feta crumbles would be quite tasty.
4) Remove from stove top, and place in a 300 degree oven.
5) Walk dogs for 30 minutes
6) Remove from oven if the eggs appear firm.
Posted by twentyhappyfeet on October 11, 2011
It’s Fall Break, and I have spent most of the morning catching up on some chemistry topics. I had hoped to spend all day studying; but being the team player, I agreed to help a friend out. She’s 5 months pregnant and has a slew of Dr. appointments today, sooo I am covering her shift.
Since I spent most of the morning studying, I needed to whip up a quick meal. I also needed to get the dogs out for a walk. My answer was a quick frittata! What better way to knock out two birds? How about 3 eggs, broccoli, onions, and sharp cheddar!
I gotta run…recipe post coming soon!
Posted by twentyhappyfeet on October 10, 2011