Vacation preparation not only entails packing; it also includes a buttload of cleaning and laundry! I love getting away. I don’t love returning to a messy house. I also detest finding a fridge full of decomposing fruit and veggies. Fridge emptying is a must!
Last night I got most of the cleaning done. There are two fuzzy, smoosh-faced dogs that need a good scrubbing. Packing is nearly complete. All that’s left is the darn fridge. So, what to do? Well, why not throw together a ”clean the fridge” stir-fry!
Clean the Fridge Stir-Fry
2 cups left-over Baked chicken, shredded/chunked
1 medium zucchini
1 yellow squash
1/2 med. yellow onion Sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp. Sesame oil
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
Sprinkle of ground ginger
2 cups Baby Spinach
- Julienne your squash and zucchini. Stop when you see seeds!
- On medium heat, brown garlic in about 1/2 tablespoon veggie oil, then add chicken until warmed
- Add Sesame oil
- Toss in the onions, cook until slightly translucent
- Add Zucchini, Squash, and Soy sauce and ground Ginger
- Cook for about 3 minutes. Veggies should be “al dente”
- Remove from heat and add Spinach